SIR – Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) – how ridiculous is Hertsmere council? This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle
SIR - Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) - how ridiculous is Hertsmere council?
This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle because of the smell (or mooing!)
I grew up in Radlett and remember walking up to Batlers Green Farm at a very young age to see the calves and the bull. I later went on to agricultural college and spent a few years working at Blackbirds Farm in Radlett. If it hadn't been for those visits I may never have gone into agriculture.
If people want to come and live in the countryside they should be aware of the surroundings they are moving into. Our council should also beware that Radlett is surrounded by countryside, and not part of North London!
You may also want to watch:
Black Boy Wood
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Green light given to new hospital project
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans