SIR – Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) – how ridiculous is Hertsmere council? This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle
SIR - Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) - how ridiculous is Hertsmere council?
This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle because of the smell (or mooing!)
I grew up in Radlett and remember walking up to Batlers Green Farm at a very young age to see the calves and the bull. I later went on to agricultural college and spent a few years working at Blackbirds Farm in Radlett. If it hadn't been for those visits I may never have gone into agriculture.
If people want to come and live in the countryside they should be aware of the surroundings they are moving into. Our council should also beware that Radlett is surrounded by countryside, and not part of North London!
You may also want to watch:
Black Boy Wood
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 5 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 6 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 7 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 8 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen
- 9 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 10 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease