SIR – Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) – how ridiculous is Hertsmere council? This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle
SIR - Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) - how ridiculous is Hertsmere council?
This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle because of the smell (or mooing!)
I grew up in Radlett and remember walking up to Batlers Green Farm at a very young age to see the calves and the bull. I later went on to agricultural college and spent a few years working at Blackbirds Farm in Radlett. If it hadn't been for those visits I may never have gone into agriculture.
If people want to come and live in the countryside they should be aware of the surroundings they are moving into. Our council should also beware that Radlett is surrounded by countryside, and not part of North London!
You may also want to watch:
Black Boy Wood
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 A New York state of mind
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 9 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash