SIR – Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) – how ridiculous is Hertsmere council? This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle
SIR - Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) - how ridiculous is Hertsmere council?
This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle because of the smell (or mooing!)
I grew up in Radlett and remember walking up to Batlers Green Farm at a very young age to see the calves and the bull. I later went on to agricultural college and spent a few years working at Blackbirds Farm in Radlett. If it hadn't been for those visits I may never have gone into agriculture.
If people want to come and live in the countryside they should be aware of the surroundings they are moving into. Our council should also beware that Radlett is surrounded by countryside, and not part of North London!
You may also want to watch:
Black Boy Wood
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 4 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Blocked drain at St Albans junction still not cleared months after it was first reported
- 8 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 9 Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- 10 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin