SIR – Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) – how ridiculous is Hertsmere council? This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle
SIR - Re: Farm cockerels face chop over noise complaints (Herts Advertiser, August 13) - how ridiculous is Hertsmere council?
This is a FARM, if people want to live in the country they have to expect animal noises. What next, ban Paul from keeping cattle because of the smell (or mooing!)
I grew up in Radlett and remember walking up to Batlers Green Farm at a very young age to see the calves and the bull. I later went on to agricultural college and spent a few years working at Blackbirds Farm in Radlett. If it hadn't been for those visits I may never have gone into agriculture.
If people want to come and live in the countryside they should be aware of the surroundings they are moving into. Our council should also beware that Radlett is surrounded by countryside, and not part of North London!
Black Boy Wood
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride