SIR, — I couldn t agree more with the article about the new station car park being a tight fit and I don t drive a 4x4. My Ford Mondeo only just fits round the turns for the ramps and equally as bad are the exit and entry lanes — alloy wheels and kerbs ar
SIR, - I couldn't agree more with the article about the new station car park being a tight fit and I don't drive a 4x4.
My Ford Mondeo only just fits round the turns for the ramps and equally as bad are the exit and entry lanes - alloy wheels and kerbs are not a good mix.
Everything has been designed with "non-car-friendly concrete" and high kerbs. As for FCC saying the car park meets "all the strict standards required by Network Rail" - sorry, Network Rail deal with the rail infrastructure.
Didn't NCP as car-park operators get involved? Why is the car park at Luton Airport Parkway so well designed then with good spacing and tons less concrete?
I particularly loved the comment from FCC that "any new car park will take a while to adjust to". How - either the concrete goes, which it won't, or I get a smaller car as I can't adjust the size of my current car, which I won't. Also I don't know if any other user has noticed but the new car park isn't very full compared to the old open space. Either people are going elsewhere or spreading themsleves over a number of floors.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
Colemans Road, Breachwood Green.