SIR, — I note that the KEEP CLEAR signs outside the fire station on the A5183 in Radlett have been repainted — although one of them reads KEEP CLEAP — and a new KEEP CLEAR sign has been added in front of the entrance to the rear car park. This must su
SIR, - I note that the "KEEP CLEAR" signs outside the fire station on the A5183 in Radlett have been repainted - although one of them reads "KEEP CLEAP" - and a new KEEP CLEAR sign has been added in front of the entrance to the rear car park.
This must surely mean that Herts County Council have finally listened to the residents and their 7,000-signature petition and realised their mistake in closing the fire station.
Presumably they must have decided that it would be less dangerous and much cheaper to reopen it rather than sending 11 fire crews from all over south Herts as they did when fire broke out at a flat in Craigmount, Radlett, on April 27 this year. This apparent overkill left Borehamwood, Bushey, Watford, Garston and St Albans without any fire cover. Has commonsense prevailed at last?
The residents would be pleased to know the date of the reopening.
You may also want to watch:
Park Road, Radlett.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street