SIR, — I note that the KEEP CLEAR signs outside the fire station on the A5183 in Radlett have been repainted — although one of them reads KEEP CLEAP — and a new KEEP CLEAR sign has been added in front of the entrance to the rear car park. This must su
SIR, - I note that the "KEEP CLEAR" signs outside the fire station on the A5183 in Radlett have been repainted - although one of them reads "KEEP CLEAP" - and a new KEEP CLEAR sign has been added in front of the entrance to the rear car park.
This must surely mean that Herts County Council have finally listened to the residents and their 7,000-signature petition and realised their mistake in closing the fire station.
Presumably they must have decided that it would be less dangerous and much cheaper to reopen it rather than sending 11 fire crews from all over south Herts as they did when fire broke out at a flat in Craigmount, Radlett, on April 27 this year. This apparent overkill left Borehamwood, Bushey, Watford, Garston and St Albans without any fire cover. Has commonsense prevailed at last?
The residents would be pleased to know the date of the reopening.
You may also want to watch:
Park Road, Radlett.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 7 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 8 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 9 A New York state of mind
- 10 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch