SIR, — I note that the KEEP CLEAR signs outside the fire station on the A5183 in Radlett have been repainted — although one of them reads KEEP CLEAP — and a new KEEP CLEAR sign has been added in front of the entrance to the rear car park. This must su
SIR, - I note that the "KEEP CLEAR" signs outside the fire station on the A5183 in Radlett have been repainted - although one of them reads "KEEP CLEAP" - and a new KEEP CLEAR sign has been added in front of the entrance to the rear car park.
This must surely mean that Herts County Council have finally listened to the residents and their 7,000-signature petition and realised their mistake in closing the fire station.
Presumably they must have decided that it would be less dangerous and much cheaper to reopen it rather than sending 11 fire crews from all over south Herts as they did when fire broke out at a flat in Craigmount, Radlett, on April 27 this year. This apparent overkill left Borehamwood, Bushey, Watford, Garston and St Albans without any fire cover. Has commonsense prevailed at last?
The residents would be pleased to know the date of the reopening.
You may also want to watch:
Park Road, Radlett.
- 1 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 2 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 3 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 6 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 Mumpreneurs launch reusable colouring sheets to protect environment
- 9 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 10 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden