SIR — St Albans Urban Plan (http://www.hertsdirect.org/envroads/roadstrans/transplan/tcatp08/tcatp/stalbansurbantransportplan/) — reply email@example.com — has been issued for comment by July 6. This is a key document on St Albans roads and trans
SIR - St Albans Urban Plan (http://www.hertsdirect.org/envroads/roadstrans/transplan/tcatp08/tcatp/stalbansurbantransportplan/) - reply firstname.lastname@example.org - has been issued for comment by July 6.
This is a key document on St Albans roads and transport policy affecting residents for the next 10 years.
Movement of people is the lifeblood of a city. As a comment to the above, the consultants appear to need to analyse traffic queues - such as the frequent two-mile queue from Harpenden - and not just traffic volumes.
It also only has general statements of solutions including suggesting banning cars from St Peter's Street.
You may also want to watch:
As to traffic modelling they do not appear to have used the 2002 models but suggest spending to update them.
A city-centre solution needs to recognise the importance and vibrancy of St Albans history, tourism and commerce and the wishes of residents.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
CLLR MIKE WAKELY,
St Albans District and Harpenden Town Councils.