SIR — St Albans Urban Plan (http://www.hertsdirect.org/envroads/roadstrans/transplan/tcatp08/tcatp/stalbansurbantransportplan/) — reply firstname.lastname@example.org — has been issued for comment by July 6. This is a key document on St Albans roads and trans
SIR - St Albans Urban Plan (http://www.hertsdirect.org/envroads/roadstrans/transplan/tcatp08/tcatp/stalbansurbantransportplan/) - reply email@example.com - has been issued for comment by July 6.
This is a key document on St Albans roads and transport policy affecting residents for the next 10 years.
Movement of people is the lifeblood of a city. As a comment to the above, the consultants appear to need to analyse traffic queues - such as the frequent two-mile queue from Harpenden - and not just traffic volumes.
It also only has general statements of solutions including suggesting banning cars from St Peter's Street.
You may also want to watch:
As to traffic modelling they do not appear to have used the 2002 models but suggest spending to update them.
A city-centre solution needs to recognise the importance and vibrancy of St Albans history, tourism and commerce and the wishes of residents.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian home on one of St Albans' most prestigious roads
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
CLLR MIKE WAKELY,
St Albans District and Harpenden Town Councils.