SIR – The CVS is dedicated to helping local charities grow, thrive and continue to provide the preventative and support services which make a real difference for many of our residents. I am grateful for an opportunity to talk about our latest initiative,
SIR - The CVS is dedicated to helping local charities grow, thrive and continue to provide the preventative and support services which make a real difference for many of our residents.
I am grateful for an opportunity to talk about our latest initiative, to recruit charity trustees from all backgrounds, through your newspaper's letters page.
In these tough times, many local charities are seeking trustees with skills including legal, HR, finance and fundraising, marketing and communication, leadership and management and more to enhance the governance of their organisations.
If readers are interested in finding out more about trusteeship, please come to our Building Better Boards event on Monday April 19 at the Small Hall, Waterend Barn, St Albans, AL1 3LE from 6pm to 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
You will discover what it really means to be a trustee and find out more about the work of the local charities with trustee vacancies.
Successful applicants will receive training and ongoing support in the role thanks to funding from the Big Lottery Fund and Local Strategic Partnership
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Charity trustees already in post tell us that their roles prepare them for future career development, they meet interesting people and they appreciate supporting their local community.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the local businesses who have recommended that their staff explore taking up trustee vacancies with local charities as part of their personal development.
'Building Better Boards' is a no obligation fact-finding event, to secure your place please download a booking form from www.cvsstalbans.org.uk or email email@example.com or phone 01727 852657 for details.
If you are unable to attend on April 19, please still register your interest.
Chief Executive CVS