SIR – The CVS is dedicated to helping local charities grow, thrive and continue to provide the preventative and support services which make a real difference for many of our residents. I am grateful for an opportunity to talk about our latest initiative,
SIR - The CVS is dedicated to helping local charities grow, thrive and continue to provide the preventative and support services which make a real difference for many of our residents.
I am grateful for an opportunity to talk about our latest initiative, to recruit charity trustees from all backgrounds, through your newspaper's letters page.
In these tough times, many local charities are seeking trustees with skills including legal, HR, finance and fundraising, marketing and communication, leadership and management and more to enhance the governance of their organisations.
If readers are interested in finding out more about trusteeship, please come to our Building Better Boards event on Monday April 19 at the Small Hall, Waterend Barn, St Albans, AL1 3LE from 6pm to 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
You will discover what it really means to be a trustee and find out more about the work of the local charities with trustee vacancies.
Successful applicants will receive training and ongoing support in the role thanks to funding from the Big Lottery Fund and Local Strategic Partnership
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind
Charity trustees already in post tell us that their roles prepare them for future career development, they meet interesting people and they appreciate supporting their local community.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the local businesses who have recommended that their staff explore taking up trustee vacancies with local charities as part of their personal development.
'Building Better Boards' is a no obligation fact-finding event, to secure your place please download a booking form from www.cvsstalbans.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01727 852657 for details.
If you are unable to attend on April 19, please still register your interest.
Chief Executive CVS