SIR — A tragic accident in a care home sometimes generates newspaper headlines presenting an unbalanced view of the good work the home may do. Crosby Close, which is a residential home in St Albans for severely-handicapped people, has been run by the char
SIR - A tragic accident in a care home sometimes generates newspaper headlines presenting an unbalanced view of the good work the home may do.
Crosby Close, which is a residential home in St Albans for severely-handicapped people, has been run by the charity Macintyre Care for around 10 years. Our severely-disabled son has lived in Crosby Close almost from its start and we have nothing but praise for the exceptional and thoughtful work carried out by the seemingly-tireless staff.
Unusually in the residential-care field, our son is being looked after now by a core of the same carers who began when Crosby Close was opened, so they know him and his friends very well. He is as contented as possible, given the nature of his disabilities, and regular attention by their doctors ensures that medical problems of any of the residents are dealt with quickly, while well-balanced home-made meals and the care of dieticians ensures their physical health is well looked after.
Nobody wants their son or daughter to be disabled in any way, but our son was lucky to land in Crosby Close with its superb managers and carers.
You may also want to watch:
DR and MRS D. WILLIAMSON,
Tippendell Lane, St Albans.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 6 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area