SIR, — In response to Mr Fulk s letter (Herts Advertiser, December 18), I must say I join him in enjoying the Liberal Democrat propaganda-through-pictures campaign. The best one recently has been the LibDem Parliamentary spokesman s attempt to paint a p
SIR, - In response to Mr Fulk's letter (Herts Advertiser, December 18), I must say I join him in enjoying the Liberal Democrat "propaganda-through-pictures" campaign. The best one recently has been the LibDem Parliamentary spokesman's attempt to paint a post box dressed in a suit with a brush with no paint on it.
I couldn't bring myself to vote for them because they waste so much money but I love getting their literature. The various poses of angst and despair as candidates stand next to trees. litter, signposts etc are great fun.
My suggestion is that in the next issue they stand next to the traffic lights on red looking all upset, with a suitable headline "Blocked traffic shocker" or "Labour lights damage economy". Then a few seconds later they can take another picture with the lights on green - "LibDem pressure frees up traffic". Hurray.
Please keep them coming.
You may also want to watch:
Chester Gibbons Green, London Colney.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery