SIR, — In response to Mr Fulk s letter (Herts Advertiser, December 18), I must say I join him in enjoying the Liberal Democrat propaganda-through-pictures campaign. The best one recently has been the LibDem Parliamentary spokesman s attempt to paint a p
SIR, - In response to Mr Fulk's letter (Herts Advertiser, December 18), I must say I join him in enjoying the Liberal Democrat "propaganda-through-pictures" campaign. The best one recently has been the LibDem Parliamentary spokesman's attempt to paint a post box dressed in a suit with a brush with no paint on it.
I couldn't bring myself to vote for them because they waste so much money but I love getting their literature. The various poses of angst and despair as candidates stand next to trees. litter, signposts etc are great fun.
My suggestion is that in the next issue they stand next to the traffic lights on red looking all upset, with a suitable headline "Blocked traffic shocker" or "Labour lights damage economy". Then a few seconds later they can take another picture with the lights on green - "LibDem pressure frees up traffic". Hurray.
Please keep them coming.
You may also want to watch:
Chester Gibbons Green, London Colney.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street