SIR, — In response to Mr Fulk s letter (Herts Advertiser, December 18), I must say I join him in enjoying the Liberal Democrat propaganda-through-pictures campaign. The best one recently has been the LibDem Parliamentary spokesman s attempt to paint a p
SIR, - In response to Mr Fulk's letter (Herts Advertiser, December 18), I must say I join him in enjoying the Liberal Democrat "propaganda-through-pictures" campaign. The best one recently has been the LibDem Parliamentary spokesman's attempt to paint a post box dressed in a suit with a brush with no paint on it.
I couldn't bring myself to vote for them because they waste so much money but I love getting their literature. The various poses of angst and despair as candidates stand next to trees. litter, signposts etc are great fun.
My suggestion is that in the next issue they stand next to the traffic lights on red looking all upset, with a suitable headline "Blocked traffic shocker" or "Labour lights damage economy". Then a few seconds later they can take another picture with the lights on green - "LibDem pressure frees up traffic". Hurray.
Please keep them coming.
You may also want to watch:
Chester Gibbons Green, London Colney.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant