Camera didn't lie
SIR, — Cllr Sheila Burton s letter (Herts Advertiser, May 22)) made the allegation that the photo of the state of the ground at Westminster Lodge carried on the front page of the Herts Advertiser of April 17 was taken weeks before the article was publishe
SIR, - Cllr Sheila Burton's letter (Herts Advertiser, May 22)) made the allegation that the photo of the state of the ground at Westminster Lodge carried on the front page of the Herts Advertiser of April 17 was taken weeks before the article was published.
Her supposed evidence for this was that the trees did not have leaves on them. Not only does this show that she is woefully ignorant of dendrological matters but also of the fact that a digital camera records the exact time and date when photos are taken.
The photo in question was taken on April 10, 2008, at 09.07hrs, one week before publication and three months after the area in question remained fenced-off and out of use to the public because of the damage caused by the ice rink.
Cllr Burton and anyone else is welcome to see the recorded evidence of that particular photo and a number of others taken of the area on the same day.
You may also want to watch:
While one can understand Cllr Burton's and the Liberal Democrat's frustration at being shown up as inept in their planning of the ice rink and the subsequent remedial work, surely they should check their facts before making unfounded allegations. I look forward to receiving a public apology from Cllr Burton for this unworthy attack and I will in the meantime continue to do the job I was elected to do by residents of Verulam Ward and attempt to hold the administration to account when mistakes are made.
CLLR IRENE WILLCOCKS,
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 5 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 6 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 April 12: St Albans shops re-open
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
Verulam Ward, St Albans District Council.