Camera didn't lie
SIR, — Cllr Sheila Burton s letter (Herts Advertiser, May 22)) made the allegation that the photo of the state of the ground at Westminster Lodge carried on the front page of the Herts Advertiser of April 17 was taken weeks before the article was publishe
SIR, - Cllr Sheila Burton's letter (Herts Advertiser, May 22)) made the allegation that the photo of the state of the ground at Westminster Lodge carried on the front page of the Herts Advertiser of April 17 was taken weeks before the article was published.
Her supposed evidence for this was that the trees did not have leaves on them. Not only does this show that she is woefully ignorant of dendrological matters but also of the fact that a digital camera records the exact time and date when photos are taken.
The photo in question was taken on April 10, 2008, at 09.07hrs, one week before publication and three months after the area in question remained fenced-off and out of use to the public because of the damage caused by the ice rink.
Cllr Burton and anyone else is welcome to see the recorded evidence of that particular photo and a number of others taken of the area on the same day.
You may also want to watch:
While one can understand Cllr Burton's and the Liberal Democrat's frustration at being shown up as inept in their planning of the ice rink and the subsequent remedial work, surely they should check their facts before making unfounded allegations. I look forward to receiving a public apology from Cllr Burton for this unworthy attack and I will in the meantime continue to do the job I was elected to do by residents of Verulam Ward and attempt to hold the administration to account when mistakes are made.
CLLR IRENE WILLCOCKS,
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
Verulam Ward, St Albans District Council.