Camera didn't lie
SIR, — Cllr Sheila Burton s letter (Herts Advertiser, May 22)) made the allegation that the photo of the state of the ground at Westminster Lodge carried on the front page of the Herts Advertiser of April 17 was taken weeks before the article was publishe
SIR, - Cllr Sheila Burton's letter (Herts Advertiser, May 22)) made the allegation that the photo of the state of the ground at Westminster Lodge carried on the front page of the Herts Advertiser of April 17 was taken weeks before the article was published.
Her supposed evidence for this was that the trees did not have leaves on them. Not only does this show that she is woefully ignorant of dendrological matters but also of the fact that a digital camera records the exact time and date when photos are taken.
The photo in question was taken on April 10, 2008, at 09.07hrs, one week before publication and three months after the area in question remained fenced-off and out of use to the public because of the damage caused by the ice rink.
Cllr Burton and anyone else is welcome to see the recorded evidence of that particular photo and a number of others taken of the area on the same day.
You may also want to watch:
While one can understand Cllr Burton's and the Liberal Democrat's frustration at being shown up as inept in their planning of the ice rink and the subsequent remedial work, surely they should check their facts before making unfounded allegations. I look forward to receiving a public apology from Cllr Burton for this unworthy attack and I will in the meantime continue to do the job I was elected to do by residents of Verulam Ward and attempt to hold the administration to account when mistakes are made.
CLLR IRENE WILLCOCKS,
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
Verulam Ward, St Albans District Council.