SIR – Congratulations to Tara s Retreat for obtaining the impossible in Sandridge – a form of traffic calming, however limited. As residents in the High Street, we have been campaigning for the last 30 years without success. Apart from getting even older,
SIR - Congratulations to Tara's Retreat for obtaining the impossible in Sandridge - a form of traffic calming, however limited.
As residents in the High Street, we have been campaigning for the last 30 years without success.
Apart from getting even older, anti-ageist though I am, it would appear to be an asset, I would appeal to others who daily have to risk walking down the High Street and putting up with ever increasing speed of motorists, to put pressure on parish council, district council, etc.. If all else fails how about another demo?
You may also want to watch:
High Street, Sandridge
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 10 Celebrating post-war football's local legends