SIR – Congratulations to Tara s Retreat for obtaining the impossible in Sandridge – a form of traffic calming, however limited. As residents in the High Street, we have been campaigning for the last 30 years without success. Apart from getting even older,
SIR - Congratulations to Tara's Retreat for obtaining the impossible in Sandridge - a form of traffic calming, however limited.
As residents in the High Street, we have been campaigning for the last 30 years without success.
Apart from getting even older, anti-ageist though I am, it would appear to be an asset, I would appeal to others who daily have to risk walking down the High Street and putting up with ever increasing speed of motorists, to put pressure on parish council, district council, etc.. If all else fails how about another demo?
You may also want to watch:
High Street, Sandridge
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'