Call for answers
SIR – I am dismayed to see that Nicholas King Homes has put in two further applications (see 5/2009/1571 and 5/2009/1572 for additional information on the details) in a bid to squeeze more than 25 extra residential units with no parking onto the Oaklands
SIR - I am dismayed to see that Nicholas King Homes has put in two further applications (see 5/2009/1571 and 5/2009/1572 for additional information on the details) in a bid to squeeze more than 25 extra residential units with no parking onto the Oaklands College site.
As if it is not bad enough that we have to look at the new ugly blocks that have been errected, the developers now want to go back on promises that were made to convince Cabe (Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment) and the Planning Inspectorate (amongst others) to pass the application on the whole site as two of the large buildings - the gym and the hall - were to be for community usage.
Not any more!
It is claimed that the community does not want use of a large hall in the middle of the city.
You may also want to watch:
I hope our planning offices at the council do not have short memories, perhaps your readers may like to remind them and also come forward if you would like use of the refurbished hall as we were promised.
I understand that Nicholas King's partners (Oaklands College) are now desperate for cash following the LSC scandal. However, this action really is rubbing salt into the wounds of local residents who now have to put up with this mess.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 6 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 7 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Park Avenue, St Albans