SIR – I am writing to complain about the daylight robbery that is taking place at Harpenden Railway Station. There are two large car parks that are both regularly full and expensive to use. Yet, despite this, a number of premier parking spaces have app
SIR - I am writing to complain about the daylight robbery that is taking place at Harpenden Railway Station.
There are two large car parks that are both regularly full and expensive to use.
Yet, despite this, a number of 'premier parking spaces' have appeared, always empty while the pressure on the remaining spaces is at breaking point.
If I, and others, can't park our cars to get on the train to go to work just so NCP can make few extra quid what kind of sense does that make?
You may also want to watch:
The cost of parking a car there for a day is �6. Now considering we use it five days out of seven you can understand this is not a cheap option.
So why do we, like so many others, drive to the station? Why are the car parks and roads so busy? Because there are no buses!
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind
I can't believe, in this age of environmental concern, the lack of buses in Harpenden.
It's like we're living in a sleepy hamlet with its one daily hoppanstopper!
I live in Southdown and I am unable to catch a bus as there are none before 8.30am by which time I already need to be at work in London.
Please let me know why it is acceptable that:
a) we are forced onto the roads by the lack of buses;
b) we are being held to ransom by a car park company that knows we have no other option available to us.
Surely more buses equals more jobs, fewer cars on the road, better for the environment. I personally can't see a downside.