SIR, — I am writing because I feel that I have to bring attention to the poor bus service we citizens who live in Frogmore and Park Street have to put up with. I have complained three times this year about the Uno service 655, which runs from Hatfield to
SIR, - I am writing because I feel that I have to bring attention to the poor bus service we citizens who live in Frogmore and Park Street have to put up with.
I have complained three times this year about the Uno service 655, which runs from Hatfield to Borehamwood but I feel now that I would like to hear other people's views.
Think back to February and the bad weather- I left my home at my usual time in order to take the 8.49am 655 to Radlett station. I waited and waited and eventually called Uno in order to see if the bus was running.
I was told that it wasn't and so returned home. I called again later, when the snow had stopped and was rudely informed that no buses would run and all people living in my area would basically have to like it or lump it. I asked for the name of the member of staff and was tersely told that I could not have anybody's name.
You may also want to watch:
The next day, when the roads were much clearer I waited for two hours for my bus and was spoken too rudely again by Uno staff who told me such a variety of different information I didn't know if I was coming or going.
I recently went out with my partner in London where I work. We made it back to Radlett in time for the 7.56pm bus from Radlett. This bus did not appear. We waited for 45 minutes and had to take a taxi, despite me paying for my return ticket that morning. I complained to the bus company who told me a crock of lies.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 6 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 7 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 8 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 9 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 10 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
On May 5, my partner was getting ready to catch the 3.50pm to Radlett but looked out of our window to see it fly down the road at 3.30pm! I called the company and was informed that I was completely wrong and the bus was on time. Even when I quoted the timetable the staff member rebuked me.
It wouldn't matter so much if we had a bus service every half hour, or that the fares didn't go up without a good service to justify it. We get one bus an hour - and we are lucky if that turns up. I am fed up of living in what is classed as a city, but has no real hospital, terrible shops, ridiculous rents, high council taxes and a sub standard bus service. What do other readers think?