SIR — My daughter and I were walking our dogs on Harpenden Common last Friday evening at about 7.45pm on the Walkers Road field. We could hear a small group of young people laughing and joking while sitting on the grass. They may have been a little older
SIR - My daughter and I were walking our dogs on Harpenden Common last Friday evening at about 7.45pm on the Walkers Road field.
We could hear a small group of young people laughing and joking while sitting on the grass. They may have been a little older, but sounded as if they were aged nearer 16 than 18. They appeared to be enjoying themselves quite harmlessly and we continued our dog-walking circuit without further thought of them.
The following morning in exactly the same location where they had been sitting, I collected 12 empty cans of 7.9 per cent continental lager. That is not a misprint - 7.9 per cent!
These questions come to mind: who (illegally) sold them this incredibly strong brew; and did their parents bother to know where they were, what they were doing and did they notice what sort of state their children were in the following morning?
You may also want to watch:
NAME & ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire