SIR, — I have just finished reading my MOBILISE magazine for February 2009. It has mentioned yet again that many councils are clamping down on the misuse of the disabled Blue Badge. In fact one lady in Manchester was using her dead mother s badge (died in
SIR, - I have just finished reading my MOBILISE magazine for February 2009. It has mentioned yet again that many councils are clamping down on the misuse of the disabled Blue Badge. In fact one lady in Manchester was using her dead mother's badge (died in 2006) and was fined �290 by local magistrates. Another nine Blue Badge cheats were before the magistrates and their fines ranged between �230 and �1,000.
I have asked on many occasions when St Albans District Council are going to enforce checks on Blue Badge holders but I never have been given a satisfactory answer.
Come on St Albans, do your checks and find all the cheats. I also feel that the supermarkets - Morrisons in particular - should be enforcing a check on all Blue Badge holders. I get very angry when I cannot get parked because an able-bodied person has parked in a disabled bay. I asked one chap why he was parked in a disabled bay when he had no badge and he replied: "I am protecting my new car." Enough said.
You may also want to watch:
Linden Crescent, St Albans.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Green light given to new hospital project
- 9 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 10 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover