SIR - I would also like to thank St Albans Council for their kind offer to supply another recycling box to go nicely with the two boxes and two garden waste bags we already have. However, I think Mr Gillett (Herts Advertiser, June 11) has underestimated t
SIR - I would also like to thank St Albans Council for their kind offer to supply another recycling box to go nicely with the two boxes and two garden waste bags we already have.
However, I think Mr Gillett (Herts Advertiser, June 11) has underestimated the ability of the council by stating that they have turned peoples gardens into recycling plants.They have aslo done a fantastic job of turning the streets and the conservation areas (particulary where terraced houses have no front gardens) into recycling plants/rubbish tips as well.
This is obviously in line with the council's proclaimed aims on their expensive website "to preserve or enhance" conservation areas or is it their vision for the district is "Historic St Albans - a premier community"? We can only hope they have managed to devalue our properties at the same time as there seems little other logic in this riduculously badly planned and managed operation.
So, to the Head of St Albans Recycling Department: Recycling - is it that difficult? - just go and look at other towns and cities and see how its done properly and clean up our streets and gardens urgently please.
You may also want to watch:
NAME and address supplied
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 9 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind