SIR - I would also like to thank St Albans Council for their kind offer to supply another recycling box to go nicely with the two boxes and two garden waste bags we already have. However, I think Mr Gillett (Herts Advertiser, June 11) has underestimated t
SIR - I would also like to thank St Albans Council for their kind offer to supply another recycling box to go nicely with the two boxes and two garden waste bags we already have.
However, I think Mr Gillett (Herts Advertiser, June 11) has underestimated the ability of the council by stating that they have turned peoples gardens into recycling plants.They have aslo done a fantastic job of turning the streets and the conservation areas (particulary where terraced houses have no front gardens) into recycling plants/rubbish tips as well.
This is obviously in line with the council's proclaimed aims on their expensive website "to preserve or enhance" conservation areas or is it their vision for the district is "Historic St Albans - a premier community"? We can only hope they have managed to devalue our properties at the same time as there seems little other logic in this riduculously badly planned and managed operation.
So, to the Head of St Albans Recycling Department: Recycling - is it that difficult? - just go and look at other towns and cities and see how its done properly and clean up our streets and gardens urgently please.
You may also want to watch:
NAME and address supplied
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 7 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets