SIR, — Once again we are beset with the inexplicable decisions of the Herts County Council education system in their allocation of school places for the children of our district. Some of these are beyond belief. No doubt all parents of the children who ha
SIR, - Once again we are beset with the inexplicable decisions of the Herts County Council education system in their allocation of school places for the children of our district. Some of these are beyond belief.
No doubt all parents of the children who have been grossly cast aside by the county are up in arms, and rightly so.
But what of the views of the affected grandparents, most of whom have lived in the Harpenden area for many years, have brought up their own children here and have seen their grandchildren born and raised here? I and my wife are surely just two of those "oldies" in the above category who are enraged at the astonishing conclusions of the officials who decide the fates of young children by merely number-crunching across a desk.
I wish I could pin-point just one officer who will stand up to be counted on this matter but of course the bland answer I fear would be..."the decisions were made by committee".
You may also want to watch:
Whoever you are, rest assured that I will do anything in my power to ensure that my granddaughter will be attending a Harpenden school, in the town where she was born, raised and until this week's bombshell, has flourished.
And county, you may be certain that I will not be on my own.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
The Close, Harpenden.