SIR, — Once again we are beset with the inexplicable decisions of the Herts County Council education system in their allocation of school places for the children of our district. Some of these are beyond belief. No doubt all parents of the children who ha
SIR, - Once again we are beset with the inexplicable decisions of the Herts County Council education system in their allocation of school places for the children of our district. Some of these are beyond belief.
No doubt all parents of the children who have been grossly cast aside by the county are up in arms, and rightly so.
But what of the views of the affected grandparents, most of whom have lived in the Harpenden area for many years, have brought up their own children here and have seen their grandchildren born and raised here? I and my wife are surely just two of those "oldies" in the above category who are enraged at the astonishing conclusions of the officials who decide the fates of young children by merely number-crunching across a desk.
I wish I could pin-point just one officer who will stand up to be counted on this matter but of course the bland answer I fear would be..."the decisions were made by committee".
You may also want to watch:
Whoever you are, rest assured that I will do anything in my power to ensure that my granddaughter will be attending a Harpenden school, in the town where she was born, raised and until this week's bombshell, has flourished.
And county, you may be certain that I will not be on my own.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Green light given to new hospital project
- 9 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
The Close, Harpenden.