SIR, — Re the letter headlined disgusting (Herts Advertiser, April 17). Why is there always one! The picture of the naked ladies (April 3) was amazing on so many levels. a) It was technically a very good photo, framed and posed beautifully. b) The ladie
SIR, - Re the letter headlined "disgusting" (Herts Advertiser, April 17). Why is there always one! The picture of the naked ladies (April 3) was amazing on so many levels.
a) It was technically a very good photo, framed and posed beautifully.
b) The ladies were incredibly brave to pose.
c) The subject matter goes to the heart of one of the biggest problems facing women and young girls - that of having a positive body image.
You may also want to watch:
The picture was of the female form in all shapes and sizes. Real women! What does it say about someone for them to find that "disgusting". Would Ms Greenwood look at a Rubens or a Renoir and say the same thing or is that OK because it's "art"?
All I can say is if the lady sees enough "in the daily newspapers, TV etc", then I can only suggest that she stops reading the Sun.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 6 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 9 April 12: St Albans shops re-open
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Portland Street, St Albans.