SIR, — Re the letter headlined disgusting (Herts Advertiser, April 17). Why is there always one! The picture of the naked ladies (April 3) was amazing on so many levels. a) It was technically a very good photo, framed and posed beautifully. b) The ladie
SIR, - Re the letter headlined "disgusting" (Herts Advertiser, April 17). Why is there always one! The picture of the naked ladies (April 3) was amazing on so many levels.
a) It was technically a very good photo, framed and posed beautifully.
b) The ladies were incredibly brave to pose.
c) The subject matter goes to the heart of one of the biggest problems facing women and young girls - that of having a positive body image.
You may also want to watch:
The picture was of the female form in all shapes and sizes. Real women! What does it say about someone for them to find that "disgusting". Would Ms Greenwood look at a Rubens or a Renoir and say the same thing or is that OK because it's "art"?
All I can say is if the lady sees enough "in the daily newspapers, TV etc", then I can only suggest that she stops reading the Sun.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 9 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 10 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
Portland Street, St Albans.