SIR, — I am writing to complain about the dreadful condition of some of the roads in St Albans. I was so fed up with waiting for something to be done that last week I drove around parts of central St Albans and was embarrassed and astonished at the amount
SIR, - I am writing to complain about the dreadful condition of some of the roads in St Albans. I was so fed up with waiting for something to be done that last week I drove around parts of central St Albans and was embarrassed and astonished at the amount of cracks, bumps and dangerous potholes, many of which have been present for many months. I have now decided to write to you in the hope that this can help with my complaint.
St Albans is one of the finest and most-expensive cities in England to live in yet we have some of the worst-maintained roads, possibly in the country.
Some of the worst roads that I note in my travels are as follows: Catherine Street, Holywell Hill, Sandpit Lane, Lemsford Road, Beaconsfield Road, Stanhope Road, Battlefield Road - and probably the worst of them all, Station Way, which has looked like a rubbish-tip site for longer than I can remember.
Work has come to a complete standstill. Anyone visiting St Albans for the first time and alighting at St Albans City Station might just think that they are in one of the more deprived cities in England.
You may also want to watch:
Why are we paying so much in council tax yet having to put up with such dangerous and embarrassing roads? It is a disgrace to the city of St Albans and its citizens and something must be done to rectify this anomaly as soon as possible.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
Thirlstane, St Albans.