SIR, — I am writing to complain about the dreadful condition of some of the roads in St Albans. I was so fed up with waiting for something to be done that last week I drove around parts of central St Albans and was embarrassed and astonished at the amount
SIR, - I am writing to complain about the dreadful condition of some of the roads in St Albans. I was so fed up with waiting for something to be done that last week I drove around parts of central St Albans and was embarrassed and astonished at the amount of cracks, bumps and dangerous potholes, many of which have been present for many months. I have now decided to write to you in the hope that this can help with my complaint.
St Albans is one of the finest and most-expensive cities in England to live in yet we have some of the worst-maintained roads, possibly in the country.
Some of the worst roads that I note in my travels are as follows: Catherine Street, Holywell Hill, Sandpit Lane, Lemsford Road, Beaconsfield Road, Stanhope Road, Battlefield Road - and probably the worst of them all, Station Way, which has looked like a rubbish-tip site for longer than I can remember.
Work has come to a complete standstill. Anyone visiting St Albans for the first time and alighting at St Albans City Station might just think that they are in one of the more deprived cities in England.
You may also want to watch:
Why are we paying so much in council tax yet having to put up with such dangerous and embarrassing roads? It is a disgrace to the city of St Albans and its citizens and something must be done to rectify this anomaly as soon as possible.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
Thirlstane, St Albans.