SIR — Re your story on St Albans Town Hall (Herts Advertiser, August 21). I was lucky enough to attend several exhibitions and shows there in the last few months and I can only hope that St Albans Arts (STARTS) can continue to bring in such innovative pro
SIR - Re your story on St Albans Town Hall (Herts Advertiser, August 21). I was lucky enough to attend several exhibitions and shows there in the last few months and I can only hope that St Albans Arts (STARTS) can continue to bring in such innovative projects to our city. Their project "Spit & Polish" enabled so many to explore this amazing building and the production used people from within our community to create a spectacle that I wish I could have seen again.
Our city has been lacking an art-focused centre, particularly in such a prominent position, and it is comforting at least to hear that Cllr Melvyn Teare is aware that attempts are being made to fill this void.
However would it not be nice to hear our representatives be enthusiastic about the hard work that STARTS have put in already?
I believe that we in St Albans should embrace the efforts of groups within our city who are trying to broaden our horizons and not attempt to shoot down all efforts that are being made on our behalf.
I for one look forward to visiting the Town Hall again, this time for Steph Littlechild's exhibition this month and I hope I am not the only one.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
Tyttenhanger Green, St Albans.