SIR, — I am appalled that Peter Willsohn sees fit to speak for me. I am one of the majority of Batford folk who, he claims, don t even know of the existence of Station Road North post office. Not only do I know of its existence but use it regularly. If I
SIR, - I am appalled that Peter Willsohn sees fit to speak for me. I am one of the majority of Batford folk who, he claims, don't even know of the existence of Station Road North post office. Not only do I know of its existence but use it regularly.
If I am to assume that Mr Willsohn is able-bodied, he would have no trouble walking from the parking spaces, or even the car parks in the town centre should he wish to use the post office. If he is not he would understand the benefits of posting letters and parcels and buying fresh bread under the same roof. For many of us whose legs don't work as well as they should, this is a God-send.
Sending carefully-chosen birthday and Christmas presents cannot be achieved by email. Returning items not suitable but purchased on-line cannot be achieved easily by taking them to the town. Would Mr Willsohn carry them for me? I think not.
Yes, both post offices are in the same road but they are at opposite ends of a very long road. If Mr Willsohn had a reason other than to slate the Liberal Democrats for wishing the post office to close, I would listen. I hope that in turn Mr Willsohn listens to my point of view as I reflect the views of locals whom Mr Willsohn has clearly not met.
You may also want to watch:
MRS JEAN CAMP,
Northfield Road, Harpenden.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield