SIR, — Friday night, I m tired and it s wet again. I travel back from London on the over-expensive, crowded and late evening train. I return to my car, which I ve parked in the Victoria Street car park for £4 for the day to find my friends at First Capita
SIR, - Friday night, I'm tired and it's wet again. I travel back from London on the over-expensive, crowded and late evening train. I return to my car, which I've parked in the Victoria Street car park for £4 for the day to find my friends at First Capital Connect (FCC) have placed an information notice on my windscreen informing me that the new multi-storey car park would open this Tuesday - good news you may think. But then read down to the prices - a staggering £5.80 a day, that's £1.80 a day more or a massive increase for little return.
The blurb talks about the car park being compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act. I would hope so. Then it goes on to talk about 24/7 manning. I bet this won't last long. Another rip-off by one of my least-favourite companies.
Someone get a grip of this.
You may also want to watch:
Park Street Lane, Park Street.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 5 April 12: St Albans shops re-open
- 6 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo