SIR – After I read your article in last week s Herts Advertiser ( Horrific death of beloved pet kitten ), my heart went out to Mrs Downey. I am absolutely disgusted that humankind can commit such a horrible crime. Unfortunately I don t know what happened
SIR - After I read your article in last week's Herts Advertiser ("Horrific death of beloved pet kitten"), my heart went out to Mrs Downey.
I am absolutely disgusted that humankind can commit such a horrible crime.
Unfortunately I don't know what happened to the poor little thing. I just wanted to say that people who harm animals are very dangerous and sick. I do feel that these awful crimes and cruelty to animals aren't punished enough. Previously you published an article about a young man (if you can call him that) from London Colney who stabbed his own dog and dumped him in Luton. That man deserves to be jailed and punished much harder than a five-year ban from keeping animals and community service. If he or anyone else can harm animals what makes us think he won't do this to a person? I try not to read those articles as I am getting very angry and disgusted.
Poor Mrs Downey is heartbroken because these crimes are allowed and people are getting away with them.
You may also want to watch:
I think our society should deal better with matters like this.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre