SIR, — I have never written to a newspaper before but the letter from Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our local post office has made me so angry. How dare he say that the Harpenden and Batford locals do not know of its existence. Of course we do
SIR, - I have never written to a newspaper before but the letter from Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our local post office has made me so angry. How dare he say that the "Harpenden and Batford locals" do not know of its existence. Of course we do, and if he cared to visit the said post office and park in the car park he would see how popular and necessary it is.
It would appear that Mr Willsohn is more politically motivated than community spirited and does not take into account the feelings of the local people who need the helpful services supplied by the local post office. Many of the elderly people might find the main branch intimidating rather than the friendly, efficient personal service which has been provided by Sheelagh and David Sperrin for many years.
In the scheme of things, isn't a local post office - albeit a sub-post office - more important than flying the "environment" flag on the Common?
You may also want to watch:
Batford Road, Harpenden.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area