SIR, — I have never written to a newspaper before but the letter from Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our local post office has made me so angry. How dare he say that the Harpenden and Batford locals do not know of its existence. Of course we do
SIR, - I have never written to a newspaper before but the letter from Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our local post office has made me so angry. How dare he say that the "Harpenden and Batford locals" do not know of its existence. Of course we do, and if he cared to visit the said post office and park in the car park he would see how popular and necessary it is.
It would appear that Mr Willsohn is more politically motivated than community spirited and does not take into account the feelings of the local people who need the helpful services supplied by the local post office. Many of the elderly people might find the main branch intimidating rather than the friendly, efficient personal service which has been provided by Sheelagh and David Sperrin for many years.
In the scheme of things, isn't a local post office - albeit a sub-post office - more important than flying the "environment" flag on the Common?
You may also want to watch:
Batford Road, Harpenden.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield