SIR, — I opened my curtains on a recent morning to see a huge box on the green opposite my house. It s a replica of the one Orange want to put there. It looks just awful. I love the green, I keep it litter free. It not only looks awful, the masts that go
SIR, - I opened my curtains on a recent morning to see a huge box on the green opposite my house. It's a replica of the one Orange want to put there.
It looks just awful. I love the green, I keep it litter free. It not only looks awful, the masts that go with it haven't been proved safe yet. I have three granddaughters and these things worry me a lot.
This has been ongoing for years and St Albans District Council have failed several times to get it all sorted.
Lots of people in the area are gravely concerned. We have been to countless council meetings with no progress at all. Hundreds of residents have written to the council. It's about time this matter was resolved - the council should protect us from being steamrollered by profit-driven commerce.
You may also want to watch:
Gurney Court Road, St Albans.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Ver Valley walking group returns to enjoy the spring countryside