SIR, — I opened my curtains on a recent morning to see a huge box on the green opposite my house. It s a replica of the one Orange want to put there. It looks just awful. I love the green, I keep it litter free. It not only looks awful, the masts that go
SIR, - I opened my curtains on a recent morning to see a huge box on the green opposite my house. It's a replica of the one Orange want to put there.
It looks just awful. I love the green, I keep it litter free. It not only looks awful, the masts that go with it haven't been proved safe yet. I have three granddaughters and these things worry me a lot.
This has been ongoing for years and St Albans District Council have failed several times to get it all sorted.
Lots of people in the area are gravely concerned. We have been to countless council meetings with no progress at all. Hundreds of residents have written to the council. It's about time this matter was resolved - the council should protect us from being steamrollered by profit-driven commerce.
You may also want to watch:
Gurney Court Road, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire