Alban City Free School rated ‘good’ after first inspection
- Credit: Archant
The latest addition to the St Albans’ primary school scene has plenty to be pleased about following its first inspection by education regulator Ofsted.
Alban City Free School opened 18 months ago on Hatfield Road, and has been rated as ‘good’ by the school inspection service.
The school took its first reception class in September 2012, after primary schools in the area were oversubscribed with prospective pupils.
Only in its second academic year, the report has been well-received by teachers and pupils. The school’s minister, Lord Nash, said: “I congratulate staff and pupils at Alban City Free School on the publication of their first Ofsted report.”
The report highlighted many positive factors about the new school. Lord Nash added: “I am particularly impressed by the glowing comments Ofsted has made about the school’s outstanding leadership and excellent behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
The school was also praised for demonstrating other strengths. The report said: “The quality of teaching was consistently good.
“The governing body is well informed, has a good range of skills and experience, and is highly committed to making this an outstanding school.”
- 1 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
The school, which is state funded, will take on two classes each year until it reaches its 420-pupil capacity, expected to be in 2018.