Action on litter
SIR – On January 28, I made a complaint about the state of the area in your letters column. I complained about the fact that the pillar box at the junction of Gillian Ave and Butt Field View appeared not to have been painted since 1958. Congratulations. T
SIR - On January 28, I made a complaint about the state of the area in your letters column.
I complained about the fact that the pillar box at the junction of Gillian Ave and Butt Field View appeared not to have been painted since 1958. Congratulations. The pillar box is now bright red, it has at last been painted.
If, as it would seem, people do take notice of your letters column, let's see if we can get more things done.
Who is it that is responsible for making sure we live in a cleaner district? Does the person or persons not appreciate that the A405 between Tippendell Lane and the Park Street roundabout is so litterstrewn that again it looks like a landfill site?
You may also want to watch:
Why is it such a disgusting mess? Obviously the litter is thrown from cars, vans and lorries, the occupants of which are little more than louts.
However, why cannot the persons responsible for keeping the district clean appreciate that where traffic is stationary most of the day will gather the most litter.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
It is no good cleaning the whole A405 once a month when the stretch already mentioned requires cleaning once a day (just like the town centre).
Let's have some names, whose job is it? Who decides?
We all pay to live here so why should we live in a pig's sty.
Farringford Close, St Albans