Action on litter
SIR – On January 28, I made a complaint about the state of the area in your letters column. I complained about the fact that the pillar box at the junction of Gillian Ave and Butt Field View appeared not to have been painted since 1958. Congratulations. T
SIR - On January 28, I made a complaint about the state of the area in your letters column.
I complained about the fact that the pillar box at the junction of Gillian Ave and Butt Field View appeared not to have been painted since 1958. Congratulations. The pillar box is now bright red, it has at last been painted.
If, as it would seem, people do take notice of your letters column, let's see if we can get more things done.
Who is it that is responsible for making sure we live in a cleaner district? Does the person or persons not appreciate that the A405 between Tippendell Lane and the Park Street roundabout is so litterstrewn that again it looks like a landfill site?
Why is it such a disgusting mess? Obviously the litter is thrown from cars, vans and lorries, the occupants of which are little more than louts.
However, why cannot the persons responsible for keeping the district clean appreciate that where traffic is stationary most of the day will gather the most litter.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
It is no good cleaning the whole A405 once a month when the stretch already mentioned requires cleaning once a day (just like the town centre).
Let's have some names, whose job is it? Who decides?
We all pay to live here so why should we live in a pig's sty.
Farringford Close, St Albans