A great school
SIR, — I felt that I could not but write after looking at your front-page report (Herts Advertiser, July 3) regarding the Ofsted outcome at Francis Bacon Maths and Computing College, St Albans (FBMCC). I was pleased that in your editorial comment column t
SIR, - I felt that I could not but write after looking at your front-page report (Herts Advertiser, July 3) regarding the Ofsted outcome at Francis Bacon Maths and Computing College, St Albans (FBMCC).
I was pleased that in your editorial comment column that you recognised Jacqui Verrall as a "committed and inspiring head". She is. Both my children attend this school and I believe that her ethos is reflected in the staff also.
As far as I am concerned it is a great school. It is a school where the individual child is at the centre of the experience and even Ofsted acknowledged that there are "strengths in the moral and social aspects" of the education on offer.
Education is not just about exam results. However I am sure that with the action plans Jacqui has in place, and the small class sizes where each child gets full attention, the school will quickly climb up the league tables despite having more children than other schools starting from a below-average base.
You may also want to watch:
For parents considering schools for next year, they might like to think about my son. He is just finishing year 10 and already has a good clutch of GCSEs at A and A* - plus one at grade B which he took at age 141/4. I also have friends with children who need special support and they too sing the praises of FBMCC.
MRS M.R.H. FIELD,
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
Longacres, St Albans.