A fine solution
SIR – I refer to the aptly named article Peak Performance from Harpenden Explorer Scouts, (Herts Advertiser, October 29). What a fine example these young people set the youth of the county by competing in and winning three trophies in this challenging, ha
SIR - I refer to the aptly named article Peak Performance from Harpenden Explorer Scouts, (Herts Advertiser, October 29).
What a fine example these young people set the youth of the county by competing in and winning three trophies in this challenging, hazardous competition.
Your readers may not be aware that these achievements follow weeks of realistic training travelling to similar hill-walking areas with equipment to hone their stamina, navigation, map reading and survival skills.
Historically the Harpenden and Wheathampstead Unit Teams have often won awards throughout the 42 years of this competition through personal determination, devotion and training.
These young participants are a credit to themselves, their parents, support teams, schools, employers and their adult voluntary leaders who commit so much time and energy in helping young people to prepare themselves for their journey through life.
If you would like to join or provide help or support to Scouting in Harpenden, St Albans or the surrounding areas in any way, contact our County Office on 0208 236 0040.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
Archivist, History & Heritage Support Team, Hertfordshire Scouts