Key dates for St Albans Film Festival
- Credit: Archant
It may be just under four months away but anticipation is already building for the city’s second film festival.
This year the event has expanded to a four day-long extravaganza full of workshops, movies and glitzy parties.
But film-lovers will not have to wait too long to get a taste of the festival, with activites starting as early as February, as listed below:
February 1: Submission deadline for adults
Over £3000 worth of prizes on offer. Short films, animations, music videos and documentaries.
You may also want to watch:
February 13: Volunteer recruitment day
Lots of exciting opportunities for everyone to get involved - check the website for positions available and other recruitment dates in March and April.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
February 20-21: School holiday workshops
Check the website for all the dates in the school holidays. Children will gain Arts Awards Certificates, make their own movies and have loads of fun.
February 21: Belleville Rendezvous Film
A screening event at the Maltings Arts Theatre with a live soundtrack by DJs Animat whilst fundraising for the festival; come along and get a sneak preview of what’s coming up in May. Suitable for all ages. Licensed bar. Tickets £10
March 1: Submission deadline for children
Five to 15 year olds have an extra month to enter.
March 3: Festival programme released and tickets on sale
May 1-4: The Main Event
Opening screening and event at the St Albans Cathedral and red carpet awards ceremony on Sunday.
Full details of all these events and how to purchase tickets is availble at the film festival website www.stalbansfilmfestival.com