10 tips on what to wear to Meraki Festival 2019
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
A constant struggle between style and practicality, festivals can be a tricky when choosing the right clothes to pack. These are a few trends that can take your festival look from dull to dazzling this summer.
They are an absolute necessity for British summer time, whether you're a festival goer or not. So why not try a cute pastel pair of Hunters or with a wacky pattern to fit in to the theme of Meraki Festival.
- Chunky sandals
Holding out hope for some dry weather? Throw in a pair of chunky, comfy sandals like Birkenstocks, one of the top trends of spring and summer of 2019.
You may also want to watch:
- Big and bold earrings
If you want to make a statement this festival season, invest in some statement earrings and turn some heads.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- Chunky hair clips
Wacky earrings not enough for you? Go heavy on the accessories by adding a pearl-decorated clip or sequinned scrunchie to your look.
- Headbands and headscarves
If a chunky hair clip is too 90s for your style, opt for a subtle headband or hair scarf to weave through your ponytail or braid for a boho festival look.
Despite being a practical and functional choice for some, there is huge scope to branch out and wear a hat that says more fun than sun.
- Funky sunglasses
From cat-eye to heart-shaped, funky sunglasses are a must have at a festival like Meraki.
- Basket bags and crocheted accessories
Strewn across the Instagram feeds of countless fashion bloggers this year, you can't go wrong with an item like this to complete your outfit.
- Bum bag
Once looked down upon by fashion experts, this bag is now back on trend. An ideal addition to a festival outfit, you can keep your money and valuables close whilst dancing the night away!
Need we say more? Sequins scream festival fashion, and shouldn't be missed out when choosing your wardrobe for Meraki.