10 tips on what to wear to Meraki Festival 2019
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
A constant struggle between style and practicality, festivals can be a tricky when choosing the right clothes to pack. These are a few trends that can take your festival look from dull to dazzling this summer.
They are an absolute necessity for British summer time, whether you're a festival goer or not. So why not try a cute pastel pair of Hunters or with a wacky pattern to fit in to the theme of Meraki Festival.
- Chunky sandals
Holding out hope for some dry weather? Throw in a pair of chunky, comfy sandals like Birkenstocks, one of the top trends of spring and summer of 2019.
You may also want to watch:
- Big and bold earrings
If you want to make a statement this festival season, invest in some statement earrings and turn some heads.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- Chunky hair clips
Wacky earrings not enough for you? Go heavy on the accessories by adding a pearl-decorated clip or sequinned scrunchie to your look.
- Headbands and headscarves
If a chunky hair clip is too 90s for your style, opt for a subtle headband or hair scarf to weave through your ponytail or braid for a boho festival look.
Despite being a practical and functional choice for some, there is huge scope to branch out and wear a hat that says more fun than sun.
- Funky sunglasses
From cat-eye to heart-shaped, funky sunglasses are a must have at a festival like Meraki.
- Basket bags and crocheted accessories
Strewn across the Instagram feeds of countless fashion bloggers this year, you can't go wrong with an item like this to complete your outfit.
- Bum bag
Once looked down upon by fashion experts, this bag is now back on trend. An ideal addition to a festival outfit, you can keep your money and valuables close whilst dancing the night away!
Need we say more? Sequins scream festival fashion, and shouldn't be missed out when choosing your wardrobe for Meraki.