Everything you need to know about the Meraki Festival camping facilities
PUBLISHED: 15:16 08 August 2017
Ready to camp? Here's all you need to know about the facilities at Meraki...
1) Pick your spot: The campsite will be clearly marked out with numbered pitches, and signposted to the various fields on arrival. Avoid pre-allocated pitches (reserved for Glamping or large groups) and camp close to your neighbours to save space.
2) Fun and games: There is a social area next to the campsite, which serves as a perfect place to eat and play with your family and friends.
3) The little camper’s room: There are toilets situated at the entrance to The Camping Field and they are clearly marked on your map. Your chosen pitch may not be right next to the loo, but should be no more than a five-minute walk away.
4) Keeping clean: The general camping area will have access to a shower block, but note you might have to queue for these. There is also an easily accessible sink area for pot washing and a sink for teeth brushing and washing.
5) Enjoying campfires: Meraki rules state all controlled fires are should be in the main campfire circle – Fire Service orders!
6) In an emergency: If you require first aid, make your way to the first aid point alongside the Camping Fields entrance or alert a steward with a radio – don’t call 999!
7) Charging stations: There will be plenty of charging points onsite but you MUST bring your own charger. Alternatively you could bring a portable charger for convenience.
8) Bringing your little one?: Camping needn’t be a nightmare with tiny tots at Meraki – onsite you’ll find a nappy-changing tent, baby-feeding boudoir, and a nightly gathering for Baby Bath Time by the shower blocks.