Countdown to first St Albans Literary Festival is underway
- Credit: Archant
The final chapter has now been opened in the countdown to St Albans’ first literary festival.
A special event was hosted by the Clarion Hotel on Monday to officially launch the festival to supporters and sponsors, just over one year to the day since it was conceived during a conversation on Twitter.
Herts Advertiser editor Matt Adams joined the rest of the LitFest management team in celebrating how the four-day festival has developed over the past 12 months, and thanking the local community for their support.
The St Albans Literary Festival runs from November 6-9 at key locations across the city centre including the cathedral, St Michael’s Manor and Waterstones.
Director Claire Walsh said: “It is thrilling to be launching the first St Albans Literary Festival. Months of hard work have culminated in a fantastic programme to rival some of the big established literary festivals.
You may also want to watch:
“The support that we have received is a reflection of how highly the people of St Albans value literature. It’s going to be a fantastic few days and i’m finding it incredibly hard to choose between events to attend!”
The popularity of the festival means certain events are already selling out fast, so make sure you book your tickets early to avoid disappointment.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
Tickets for all events are available from the website at www.stalbansliteraryfestival.co.uk, or from the festival box office, which has been kindly hosted by Dagnall Street Baptist Church in their café. The box office is open from Monday to Saturday 10am-2pm. St Albans Literary Festival is presented by the Herts Advertiser in association with The Book Midwife.