All Saints join bill of St Albans’ Meraki Festival
- Credit: Archant
One of the biggest girl groups of all time will be performing at this year’s Meraki Festival - but don’t miss out as tickets are selling fast!
The All Saints are set to headline at Redbourn’s Herts County Showground on Friday August 10, joining a line-up which already includes Pixie Lott, Nik Kershaw and 10CC.
The award-winning group will be headlining on Friday August 10, performing their hits including Never Ever, Pure Shores and Black Coffee.
The group’s debut album, All Saints (1997), peaked at number two on the UK Albums Chart and went on to become the third best-selling girl group album of all time in the UK. The album contained three UK number ones: Never Ever, Under the Bridge/Lady Marmalade and Bootie Call.
Never Ever is the second best-selling girl group single of all-time in the UK, behind the Spice Girls’ Wannabe.
You may also want to watch:
It also won two Brit Awards: Best British Single and Best British Video, and the group were nominated for Best British Breakthrough Act.
Their second album, Saints & Sinners (2000), became their first number-one album and achieved multi-platinum success. It included the UK number one singles Pure Shores and Black Coffee.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind
Organiser Kerry Marks said: “Alongside our line-up of superstar artists and DJ’s, we also have incredible family activities - we’ve stepped it up in a BIG way for 2018!
“Stay tuned for updates in the Herts Advertiser throughout the coming month, with announcements on more major artists who will all be bringing festival magic to St Albans this summer!”
Highlights of this year’s festival include a roller disco, Europe’s biggest outdoor inflatable water slide, family favourites the Flying Seagull Project, and the UK’s first interactive mobile caving system, providing 90ft of artificial caving to make your way through.
Weekend, day or evening tickets are available for the festival, which runs from Friday August 10 through to Sunday August 12. Earlybird and Friday tickets are now close to selling out.
For more information about this year’s Meraki and to book tickets, visit the website at https://merakifestival.com/