Have yourself a chaos-free Christmas
PUBLISHED: 11:20 02 November 2017 | UPDATED: 11:39 02 November 2017
Christmas is coming and Alison Wildon and Karen Francis of LifeWorks are helping homeowners get their properties prepped and ready in time for the big day.
As the festive season approaches, many of us take the opportunity to spruce up our homes ready for the arrival of family, friends – or is it Santa?!
Whether that is re-organising kitchens to make sure you have everything you need to have yourself a merry little Christmas, clearing space in cupboards for extra provisions or sorting spare rooms, airing cupboards, garages and loft spaces, LifeWorks is on hand to help.
They’ll help you create rooms you are proud of - for the 12 days of Christmas and many more - through practical solutions tailored to work for you.
Here are LifeWorks’ five top tips to help you countdown to Christmas – and cope with its aftermath:
1) Sort through your unwanted or pre-loved items: do you have things others might need or want as Christmas gifts? This is a great time to sell these to clear some space while raising some money. If you have children, this is an excellent time to sort through their outgrown toys too, if you think they will be happy to part with some things it is great to get them involved… if not, and they notice, blame the elves!
2) Re-organise your storage spaces, wherever they may be. Have a think about the storage solutions you are currently using: do they still work for you? Could they be enhanced or updated? Have you enough space to store all the gifts prior to wrapping, or for all those festive extras we pick up, ‘just in case’? This is also a good time to defrost the fridge and freezer ready for the arrival of the turkey or other delicious items they’ll soon be housing.
3) If you are lucky enough to be good at making or baking things and are planning on creating some amazing gifts for loved ones, get a head start by checking you have everything you need now. While you are at it, check your supplies of wrapping paper, gift tags and sellotape!
4) Are you expecting guests? If so, it is worth taking a look at your spare bedding and towels to ensure they are all set for your guests’ arrival. Also, check what tableware you may have stored away last year – do you have enough plates, cutlery and glassware for this year’s celebrations?
5) Finally, when approaching the twelfth night and you are starting to pack away the decorations and other bits and bobs we all accumulate over the festive period, check everything is still in working order so you aren’t disappointed when they come out of storage again next year.
LifeWorks is ready to help you prepare for Christmas or assist you in recovering and rebuilding in the New Year!
To arrange a free initial consultation or for some great offers to get you started, visit www.lifeworks.space