Tanning shop fire scare

PUBLISHED: 12:44 26 March 2008 | UPDATED: 13:05 06 May 2010

CUSTOMERS in a city-centre tanning shop were evacuated after an electrical fault on Friday evening. Two fire crews from St Albans were called to the Absolutely Fabulous Tanning shop in St Peters Street, St Albans, just after 6pm. On arrival they found tha

CUSTOMERS in a city-centre tanning shop were evacuated after an electrical fault on Friday evening.

Two fire crews from St Albans were called to the Absolutely Fabulous Tanning shop in St Peters Street, St Albans, just after 6pm.

On arrival they found that a light bulb in the shop had overheated which had created some smoke but there was no sign of fire.

The shop closed an hour early because of the incident but was fully open the next day.

More news stories

Yesterday, 17:00

Two St Albans mums are hosting a one day pop-up vintage clothes shop to help fund a charity fashion show next year.

Yesterday, 12:00

St Albans district’s hospitals could be left without vital medical supplies after Brexit, new data appears to show.

Yesterday, 09:00

A 17-year-old girl from St Albans has been selected as one of eight winners of Young Sportsperson of the Year.

Fri, 18:00

Traffic is queueing on the M1 following a crash between a car and motorcyclist in the St Albans area.

CountryPhile

Recently we, as a family (minus two of the kids), visited The Lodge RSPB reserve in Sandy, Bedfordshire. I had never been before, which is perhaps amiss of me as a birdwatcher as it is the headquarters of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds or RSPB and only 45 minutes drive from home.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the The Herts Advertiser e-edition E-edition
Zoo Watch CountryPhile

Newsletter Sign Up

Herts Advertiser weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Herts Most Wanted Herts Business Awards