Launderette fire

PUBLISHED: 10:44 20 March 2008 | UPDATED: 13:05 06 May 2010

A FIRE broke out in a high-street launderette on Monday afternoon. Clothing caught alight in the tumble drier inside Launderama in Watling Street, Radlett, at about 12.30pm Those inside were evacuated along with people in the premises on either side and f

A FIRE broke out in a high-street launderette on Monday afternoon.

Clothing caught alight in the tumble drier inside Launderama in Watling Street, Radlett, at about 12.30pm Those inside were evacuated along with people in the premises on either side and fire crews from St Albans and Borehamwood put out the blaze. They remained on the scene for around 20 minutes to ventilate the heavily smoke-logged area.

One side of the road was blocked during the incident which caused traffic delays.

More news stories

Yesterday, 19:00

A St Albans pub has been named one as of the most dog-friendly in the east of England.

Yesterday, 16:34

Friendly farmyard animals are paying a visit to a church in St Albans to kick off the festive season.

Yesterday, 14:49

House prices leapt up in Stevenage during September – but the market remained flat in St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield.

Yesterday, 12:41

A replacement time capsule has been buried in the same spot where a 19th century version was discovered last year.

CountryPhile

Recently we, as a family (minus two of the kids), visited The Lodge RSPB reserve in Sandy, Bedfordshire. I had never been before, which is perhaps amiss of me as a birdwatcher as it is the headquarters of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds or RSPB and only 45 minutes drive from home.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the The Herts Advertiser e-edition E-edition
Zoo Watch CountryPhile

Newsletter Sign Up

Herts Advertiser weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Herts Most Wanted Herts Business Awards