Investigations launched after bin fire leads to gas leak

PUBLISHED: 15:46 05 March 2012

Fire

Fire

Archant

INVESTIGATIONS are underway after a bin fire in the garden of a St Albans home spread and caused a gas leak.

The blaze began on Saturday (March 3) at around 4.30pm and quickly spread to the back door and guttering of the Manston Way property.

Firefighters brought the blaze under control but because gas pipes were damaged, further support was required from the gas company.

Nobody was hurt but the kitchen was damaged by smoke from the fire.

More news stories

Yesterday, 17:00

A teenager who painted an iconic St Albans landmark has created popular Christmas cards of the designs.

Yesterday, 12:00

Personal debt levels in Harpenden rose by 11 per cent in the three months leading up to October.

Yesterday, 09:00

A retirement development in St Albans held a Remembrance Day lunch to mark 100 years since the end of World War I.

Yesterday, 07:00

Court results published by the Herts Ad are taken from St Albans, Stevenage and Hatfield Magistrates Court and are published without prejudice.

CountryPhile

Recently we, as a family (minus two of the kids), visited The Lodge RSPB reserve in Sandy, Bedfordshire. I had never been before, which is perhaps amiss of me as a birdwatcher as it is the headquarters of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds or RSPB and only 45 minutes drive from home.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the The Herts Advertiser e-edition E-edition
Zoo Watch CountryPhile

Newsletter Sign Up

Herts Advertiser weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Herts Most Wanted Herts Business Awards