Firefighters tackle car blaze

PUBLISHED: 15:08 12 February 2009 | UPDATED: 13:54 06 May 2010

A CAR burst into flames while parked in a residential street last night (Wednesday). Firefighters were called to Lay Brook in St Albans at around 10.15pm when the Renault Mégane caught fire due to a suspected electrical fault. The blaze was out within min

A CAR burst into flames while parked in a residential street last night (Wednesday).

Firefighters were called to Lay Brook in St Albans at around 10.15pm when the Renault Mégane caught fire due to a suspected electrical fault. The blaze was out within minutes and the vehicle was slightly damaged.

At about the same time fire broke out in a laundry room at the Brandons Mobile Home Park in Hill End Lane, St Albans, and firefighters from St Albans and Hatfield attended.

The fire, which started accidentally, was out within 10 minutes and none of the mobile homes on the site needed to be evacuated.

More news stories

Yesterday, 19:00

A St Albans vendor has launched biodegradable coffee pods to combat plastic waste.

Yesterday, 18:15

An award-winning folk duo will be recording an album live in a village church in Hertfordshire this weekend.

Yesterday, 18:07

Commuters will have to grapple with disrupted trains on their way home this evening.

Yesterday, 16:47

Three people have been arrested in connection with theft in St Albans.

CountryPhile

Recently we, as a family (minus two of the kids), visited The Lodge RSPB reserve in Sandy, Bedfordshire. I had never been before, which is perhaps amiss of me as a birdwatcher as it is the headquarters of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds or RSPB and only 45 minutes drive from home.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the The Herts Advertiser e-edition E-edition
Zoo Watch CountryPhile

Newsletter Sign Up

Herts Advertiser weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Herts Most Wanted Herts Business Awards