Firefighters rescue pupil who got his finger stuck

PUBLISHED: 12:30 05 November 2008 | UPDATED: 13:43 06 May 2010

A YOUNG boy had to be rescued by firefighters when he got his fingers stuck in one of the doors at his school. A fire crew from St Albans were called to St Bernadette s Primary School in London Colney just before 11am on Monday morning. They had freed him

A YOUNG boy had to be rescued by firefighters when he got his fingers stuck in one of the doors at his school.

A fire crew from St Albans were called to St Bernadette's Primary School in London Colney just before 11am on Monday morning.

They had freed him within 20 minutes by using the same equipment they have for cutting people out of cars. He had minor injuries.

His mother has since been in contact with the fire station to thank them for helping her son.

More news stories

Yesterday, 16:46

Brave jumpers will splash into 2019 by bearing a freezing cold outside pool for charity.

Yesterday, 14:36

A shop in St Albans has been named the best independent spirits business at the “Oscars of the drink industry”.

Yesterday, 13:25

St Albans MP Anne Main has toured a number of city pubs which have been badly affected by a business rate increase.

Yesterday, 13:13

If you fancy a good laugh, a comedy club night returns to a St Albans venue this week with a quality line-up of four stand-ups.

CountryPhile

Recently we, as a family (minus two of the kids), visited The Lodge RSPB reserve in Sandy, Bedfordshire. I had never been before, which is perhaps amiss of me as a birdwatcher as it is the headquarters of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds or RSPB and only 45 minutes drive from home.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the The Herts Advertiser e-edition E-edition
Zoo Watch CountryPhile

Newsletter Sign Up

Herts Advertiser weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Herts Most Wanted Herts Business Awards